Monday 18 May 2009

Apologies

I haven't been able to post as many entries as I had intended. It will be some time before I can get internet access at home - and as I am on the campaign trail until June 4th - I'm not getting to places where I could otherwise get internet access.

As soon as Sky have activated my landline - and the broadband which I can't even order until the landline is working - I'll be making regular entries. Until then - I'll post when I can.

Over the last few days I've been leaving Milton Keynes early and returning late - to campaign in Nottingham; participate in an NFU debate for the European Parliament in Rutland http://www.nfuonline.com/x38364.xml; attend the national launch of the European campaign in Derbyshire http://www.labour.org.uk/winning_the_fight_for_britains_future_-_gordon_brown,2009-05-14; and to attend a Library Training Day for my Open University Law Students at the Birmingham College of Law. On Sunday I went with my daughter and her boyfriend to the Airshow at Duxford. It was a very enjoyable day (if a little cold and wet at times).

In the evenings I've been continuing to read Sir Frank Markham's excellent history of Milton Keynes. I'm particularly interested in the canal; road and railway history of the area. I'll be writing some posts on these topics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment