Wednesday 6 May 2009

Healthy Lifestyle

Now that I'm back at work - I've started walking to Milton Keynes station. It is such a lovely walk. It takes about 35 minutes and is through parkland. There are so many different birds en route - I'm going have to invest in a bird spotting book! My wife is a bit better at identifying birds than I am - just in our area we have seen a woodpecker; herons; geese & loads of ducks.

A Costa coffee shop at Milton Keynes Central station which opens at 05.30 is a temptation. Perhaps tomorrow. I've been catching the 06.20 train, but may experiment with later services over the next few days.

Last night, after a walk with my wife by Furzton Lake, I listened to a Benny Goodman CD - prompted by the high praise heaped on him by both John Dankworth and Emma Johnson at this week's 'Jazz Matters'. He really makes a superb sound - both in his own playing - and through his band.

No comments:

Post a Comment